Saturday, November 29, 2014

5 Fabulously Light Desserts!


So, it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'm sure you're in one of two places with yourself right now.  You're either proud because you managed to do well and are back on your healthy eating plan OR you binged (and maybe are still binging...) and you are full of self hatred because of it.  Well, if it's the latter - Stop it!  What's done is done and you can't change it now.  You just pick yourself up and jump back on that there wagon, ya hear me? (Sorry...my hidden redneck Oklahoma girl came out for a sec!)

No matter how you're feeling today, it will pass and things will return to normal.  And when they do, you're gonna have a day when you need dessert.  Not want, but NEED it.  

I mean need like you need air to breathe.  

Like you need the earth to keep turning...

Like you need a warm place to sleep so you don't freeze to death...

Like your life depends on it!

Seriously folks, that's how much I love sugar.  It's a horrible addiction that I am working to overcome, but never having it again is not an option.  So, I am always on the lookout for great healthy options to feed my sweet tooth.  Here are 5 that I found on Pinterest that I think you'll love!

1. Pumpkin Ice Cream from The Gracious Pantry

Pumpkin? Ice Cream? Yes, please.  One word.  Delish!


2. Frozen Peanut Butter Pie from My Recipes

Peanut Butter is my kryptonite.  Seriously, I could eat almost an entire jar in a day.  I crave it and love it any way you make it.  Add chocolate and I become weak in the knees.


3. Easy Lemon Cake from A Spotted Pony

This is super yummy and light.  The great thing is that the basic recipe works with any flavor of cake mix.  You could try Strawberry, Chocolate or even a simple yellow cake mix for a totally different flavor.


4. Diet Coke Brownies from Eat Yourself Skinny

What a fabulous idea!  I am not a diet coke drinker (I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper girl to the core) but I certainly can buy a can just for these.  Chocolate!


5. Pineapple Angel Food Cake from Adventures of a Couponista

We're going back in the day with this one, folks.  The first time (yes, sadly, there's been more than one) I joined Weight Watchers, this was the first recipe I got from my leader.  It's been an old standby of mine for years.  Try it.  You'll love it!

I am always on the lookout for new recipes, so if you have any you'd like to add, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy {Skinny} Eating!
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment